Tugzy's Travels

Start at the links on the left, below this message. If you like what I've written, leave comments, if you don't like it, leave abuse. Either way, thanks for reading.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Idle Thought


If I were a cynical person I'd probably say that life can be fairly reduced to a series of desperate, frantic attempts to invalidate our own profound loneliness. These attempts vary in ingenuity and design but the basic question – the cry that sits at the core of everything we do – is always the same. 'Please accept me!' The scream rings out and cuts through every moment of our lives. 'Be with me! Think of me! Care about me!' We want to be loved, and so we long to find people who will love us while we struggle to disbelieve, or even forget if only for a second, the brutal fact of our ultimate aloneness in death. Then we die.
I think that's what I would say if I were a cynic.

Ugh, Sunday.


Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment