Tugzy's Travels

Start at the links on the left, below this message. If you like what I've written, leave comments, if you don't like it, leave abuse. Either way, thanks for reading.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's Been Too Long

It's been too long, so I have to write something, three weeks almost, but what to write? Updates? Last week I had six gigs – one Sunday, two Tuesday, one Wednesday, one Thursday, and an MC spot Saturday. One of those went okay, three went very well (I'd at least say well, but at least two I was quite happy with), one went to shitsville and was me eating dicks for five and a half minutes, and one (the MC spot) went averagely for the first half, but then pretty well for second half. Now that I'm breaking it down like that, that's a pretty good ratio – and I think I'm being fairly honest with myself there.

That was a good week, not just because of the volume of gigs, but also because of the quality, those three that went really well felt great while I was doing them, and with the solid five minutes that I've got on me now, as well as with the twenty or so minutes of other material, I'm feeling fairly confident going into my run of ten fifteen-minute spots at the comedy festival. Also this week I printed off my flyers for the festival – eighty A4 sheets each with four flyers on them – so that's three-hundred and twenty A6 flyers ready to be given out to people that I meet in the next three weeks... I think I can do it. I'll be pretty happy with myself if I can hand out all of those flyers by the end of the first week of my run.

What else, what else? I'm going to Adelaide for a few days (Tuesday the 5th to Saturday the 9th) which should be cool, doing a spot at the Ed Castle and hopefully catching up with a wide array of crew down there during the fringe. The fringe is going to be sick, and I've got a few cool shows lined up that I want to see as well – Wolf Creek the Musical should be sick. Rhino Room Late Show should be sick. Grills at Phil's and jumping into WOMAD, it's all going to be sick. When I get back I'll have to sort out this Centrelink Bullshit that I'm too confused and tired to go into right now, but suffice to say that it needs to be sorted, and quickly, or else I'll be sitting in a room full of lifetime fuckup losers learning how to write cover letters and 'effectively present myself' for job interviews.

This has been an update from Tugzy, your pal, out in the midst.

Peace, Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment